“Mary has a special connection with horses. She can be trusted to bring along difficult individuals and transform them into performance athletes.” ~John Ward, Former Thoroughbred Racehorse Trainer, Executive Director, Kentucky Racing Commission
Mary Midkiff's Thoroughbred Race Training and Management
Race Training, Pre-Training
- Licensed race trainer Mary D. Midkiff provides a horse first, hands on approach to race preparation and training
- Midkiff and her trained staff handle all aspects of equine behavior including difficult mares, sour attitude, metabolism issues and nervousness.
- Pre-training young horses for a race career with education in manners, loading in trailer and starting gate, bathing, standing for farrier, saddling, bridling, mounting and riding, round pen communication and exercise, jogging and galloping under saddle leading up to breezing.
Rehab, lay-ups and leg ups with a variety of therapeutic and holistic support.
- All horses personally handled, treated, supervised and given therapeutic treatment by Mary Midkiff along with her trained staff.
- All horses fed, trained and managed on an individual basis.
- Nutrition includes organic feeds, no sugar diet, herbal/seed/root supplements.
- Horses receive dental and hoof care routinely with top veterinarians on call. Chiropractic and acupuncture services used as needed. Fecal tests are conducted every 3 months.
This is Dynazar, (Dyna) a three year old filly that I started and trained as a yearling and two year old. She made her first start in a Maiden Special Weight race at Churchill Downs and finished second against eight horses by only a head! She is very talented and I expect big things from her. Put her on your watch list!!